Friday, October 1, 2010

Final Thoughts on England

I should have posted this a long time ago...but better late than never.  Here at home I don't have a gardner, maid and window washer so my spare time is limited.

Things I loved about England.
1.  The weather-the temperatures were very comfortable to go walking and do outside things everyday.
2.  How easy it was to walk to the town square and shop.
3.  The wonderful yogurt and fresh bread.
4.  The view out our back window of the cottage.
5.  The heated floors in the bathroom and the big tub.
6.  The food shopping at the supercenters.
7.  All the history and exciting places to see.
8.  The family friendly parking and the changing and nursing room at the shopping centers.
9.  The beauty of the countryside. (which we didn't get to see as much as we liked because we were      watching the narrow road and the cars and bicycles)
10. The limited amount of red lights.
11. Fish and Chips
12. The slower pace of living.
13. The caravans.
14. The castle's.
15. The Church's.

Things I love about being back home.
1.  Driving my car.
2.  Washing machine and dryer.
3.  Hi Speed Internet
4.  Unlimited cell phone
5.  Family /friends
6.  Ice
7.  Longer shopping hours.
8.  My stuff.
9.  Church
10  All the resturant choices.
11. Having Paul back in his own room.
12. My bed.
13.  Having my chiropractor
14.  American television
15. American food

It was a fun experience and I am glad we went, but I am thankful to be back at home.  I have lived overseas 12+ years of my life and I love being back in the USA.  Things haven't changed all that much since the last time I have lived overseas.  Sightseeing in England was so different than the other places that I have lived.  We loved seeing some of the castles.  I thind our two favorite ones were Arundel and Warwick.  London was fun and very different.  I had more problems with the language difference than I thought I would.

Here are some of the words that were different
Jacket Potatoes-baked potatoes
Trolleys-shopping carts
Push Chairs-strollers
White Coffee- coffee with cream
Rotary- traffic circle
To Let-to rent
Lift-elevator
aubergine-eggplant
banger-sausage
biscuit-cookie
bonnet-hood of car
caravan-camper
cheers/cheerio-bye
Hob-stove top
garden-yard
fag-cigarette
flat-apartment
give way-yield
holiday-vacation
lemonade-sprite like soda
queue-line
tap-faucet

There's more, but I will stop here.

Paul did great while we were there.  He changed so much and I didn't really notice as much until I got home and tried to put him in some of his baby things that he loved and fit when we left.  We was just sitting up when we left and when we came back he was crawling and standing up.  So much in just two months.  He was teething the week we were coming home and finally cut his first tooth the week we were at home.  He forgot everyone and had to get used to everyone again.  The hardest thing has been getiing him used to the Nursery at church.  But even that is getting better.  Overall glad we went, but glad we are home.

Paul playing on the stairs.

Scones I made

Our car while we were there...a SKODA

Paul at the Dallas Airport

We missed our connecting flight and had to spend the night
Cheers,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment