Friday, September 3, 2010

Long Overdue

I haven't finished my England post.  Got home and so much to do.  I will try to finish posting about the rest of our adventures, trip home and final thoughts about everything. 

Our last weekend in England, we decided to stick around the area we lived at and get some final things done.  I wanted to find a fabric store to get some fabric to take home.  We went a couple of different places and I couldn't find what I have looking for (quilting fabric).  I was in a small scrapbook store and asked the lady if there was anywhere near that sold fabric.  She pointed acrosss the square to a gift shop.  I didn't expect much from a gift shop, but they had more quilting fabric there than I had seen anywhere elese in England.  It was pretty expensive, but I bought a few meters. 

After the fabric shopping we went to watch our first Cricket game. Gill, a lady that John worked with, had son's that were on a cricket team. I didn't realize a short game of cricket was 6-7 hours long. They start about 1pm and play until tea time (4:30pm). They have their tea cups and go to the club house to take the tea break and then back out to the game until 7pm or after. John had printed our the rules and the refree calls and we studied them the night before. Then Gill was able to answer any other questions we had. It was pretty interesting to watch and I am glad we had that experience. We stayed until tea time and then left. While in the hotel in London waiting to go home, we actually watched England play Pakistan and somewhat knew what was going on.




This is the bowler throwing the ball.


The batter


You can see the wickets.  They haven't been knocked down.


When we walked to the car, I noticed there were lots of ripe blackberries on bushes.  I picked a bunch and made a cobbler when we got home.  They were delicious!

Sunday we spent packing and repacking trying to get the suitcases weighted right.  Ate some of our favorite foods we won't be able to get back home and just enjoyed our final weekend in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment